The Differences Between a Justice of the Peace, a member of the Clergy, and an Interfaith Celebrant

A Justice Of The Peace is a special court officer usually, a Notary Public that can perform civil ceremony marriages. This is a simple option for couples who want nothing more than a marriage certificate, are limited in terms of schedule and location, and are strictly looking for a no-frills marriage ceremony. We can and will perform these ceremonies anytime, anywhere within the State of Florida.

A Minister, Priest or Rabbi can officiate at a wedding, but most clergy will be restricted in what they can or will officiate, due to their religious affiliation with the church or synagogue they belong to. This is a great choice for individuals who already belong to a church or synagogue and regularly attend, if they want a traditional religious ceremony, you would use a Minister, Priest, or Rabbi.

An Interfaith Celebrant is anyone who can legally perform a marriage ceremony. In wider use, an Interfaith Celebrant often refers specifically to as a religious official who can or cannot carry an affiliation with a Church or Temple. Couples who do not regularly attend a religious service or church often find this sort of wedding officiant ideal because of the flexibility this approach affords. When you use an interfaith Celebrant, you are not bound by the limits of any specific religious tradition or dogma. Couples who have differing religious backgrounds also tend to prefer an Interfaith Celebrant like this, because multi-religious ceremonies can be custom-made, honoring the religious tradition and beliefs of both families.

Overall, a Justice of the Peace, a Clergy a Wedding Celebrant is all perfectly capable of running your wedding ceremony.

The choice is yours, we offer all three, contact us today at 954-608-4415.

17 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All